Sunday, July 25, 2010

Look Who's 60!

Yippie skippy look who's 60!  I usually try to ignore birthdays, but for some reason this one just seems special. As I reflect over the past 60 years it is hard to say which decade was the best.

What is so special about this year is I just feel so grown up!  I am doing what I love which is playing with all different types of art.  Clay, paper, watercolor, altered art, you name it...I am enjoying creating.   Oh, the joy when time stands still as you bring a project together.   Working the idea into something that had been floating in your head for days.  Sometimes it comes together just like you envisioned it and sometimes it is totally different.  The satisfaction of completion is the best HIGH!

My husband and I went to Twisty Cone last night for Ice Cream. It is one of those old time ice cream stands that has frozen custard.  This KID was in heaven! 
Celebrate with me all those who have turned 60 this year!!  
With this ice cream cone card.  
Image from Sweet Scoops Stampin' Up! 
Designer Paper Greenhouse Gala Stampin' Up! 

5 comments:

lynn said...

i LOVE your blogwear, darlene! happy birthday! your cards are just lovely, esp. the hero card below:)

Lori Burkitt said...

What a fun card! Happy 60th to you! Here's wishing you many more!

Created By You said...

Fun card.. Happy Birthday! Hope it was wonderfully full of happy memories as well!

Stamping Aweigh with Norma said...

Nice card. Now following you. Hope you follow me.
Norma
www.stampingaweigh.blogspot.com

Nanci said...

Happy 60th Birthday! Many, many more!
I'm following you from SC. Hope you'll join me too.
www.crafthavenretreats.blogspot.com