Saturday, July 3, 2010

Happy 4th of July!!


Memorial Day of 2009 someone had posted about Cards for Heroes which is now Operation Write Home. I gathered all the old cards I had here and sent them off. It is a way to support our troops and have fun doing it. I have continued to add to a box I have just for OWH. So far I just work alone, I have used swap cards after asking those who sent them if they minded me sending them on. I would like to get a monthly group going but that is still in the planning stages.


Made with Stampin’ Up! stamps and wheels. I have made a quick birthday card and after snapping the pix thought I really need to get things more centered and started to redo the card. After some consideration I decided it did not need to be perfect. Made with Stampin’ Up! stamps and wheels.

I have also included a Hero Card. With each box of cards we send to Operation Write Home, they ask that we include Hero Cards. I make these and send them blank with a type written letter to insert into the card. Stampin’ Up! set called Courage. 


Today Operation Write Home Stars and Stamps blog is celebrating 
Independence Day with a Blog Tour.   
So go visit to see all the great cards that have been 
made for the birthday of United States of America. 

Sending a huge thank the men and women who volunteer to serve today and their families for the sacrifice they make in being in a military family. 

May our troops remain safe and return home soon! 
Happy Independence Day!

29 comments:

CreatewithTlc said...

Wonderful cards....I especially love the ice cream one....
Paulette

Paula said...

The ice cream cones are yummy and I agree 100% the beauty of being handmade is that it ISN'T machine perfect. The hero card is spectacular and I am sure it will be cherished.

Operation Write Home said...

Terrific cards, Darlene! Love the yummy ice cream and all the wheels....and the hero card can't be beat. Happy 4th!!

Brenda said...

Great cards. I really like the hero card, someone is going to be very lucky to receive it. TFS

Caro said...

I just love that Stampin' Up set of ice cream stamps and have used them all summer! They look great with the wheel design. Very very nice hero card.

Noelle's Corner said...

Your cards are all beautiful. I especially like the ice cream one, because it's different than others.

Robin said...

great cards .. the ice cream one makes me think ice-cream will be the dessert today :)

thanks for sharing
Happy 4th

Jan Hunnicutt said...

Wow, your any hero card is fabulous! You are sharing your creativity for a great cause, keep up the good work!

Cheryl said...

Wonderful cards! TFS

Have a safe & happy July 4th week end!

Please stop by my blog and sign up to win my blog candy.

Cheryl
http://shestamps.blogspot.com/

rstuck2003 said...

Love the ice cream cones...thanks for sharing! Happy 4th of July!

MomsBeenScrappin said...

Both are just lovely!! What's better on your birthday than ice cream and your hero card is beautiful! TFS :)

Caryl P said...

Two beautiful cards, I love those delicious ice cream cones! Off to hop some more but I'll be back to visit. Happy Independence Day!

Ola said...

Your ice cream cone card is so fun! And the Any Hero card is absolutely stunning!

Happy 4th of July!

Thanks so much for sharing!!!

~Ola
okj83 at live dot com

debb said...

Wonderful cards! I love that Courage stamp colored! Beautiful!
Happy 4th~

Marlene Diefendorf said...

I love the ice cream cones and the Any Hero card is simply stunning. I love that stamp. Happy 4th!

Holly / InkPaperStamps said...

Your ice cream card is darling, and I love your tip for sending a typewritten Any Hero letter inside a blank card so it can do double duty!

JustYolie said...

In my book, handmade cards and gifts are simply the best! Wonderful cards :)

helloholley said...

I love both of your cards!!! The ice cream cone one is adorable!!!Happy 4th!

Rhonda Miller said...

I love your cards. TFS.

Teresa / Trees aWard in Digital Stamps said...

I am contestant #67 on this fabulous tour for such a good cause. Please stop by my blog and sign up to win my blog candy that I Did It Creations is sponsoring for the tour. Hugs Teresa xxx

Erika said...

Great cards! Thanks for sharing.

Nancy Keller said...

Your hero card is beautiful - and I love your SU card too. Those wheels look like lots of fun!

Jaime Benavides said...

Wonderful cards! Thanks for following...I'm now following you! ;)

Jaime Benavides said...

Wonderful cards! Thanks for following...I'm now following you! ;)

Lin Starks said...

Adorable card. Tag you're it! I'm now following your blog courtesy of Stampin' Connection & would love for you to stop by my blog & become a follower of mine...Thanks!
http://www.aaliyahsattic.blogspot.com

Shannon said...

Thanks Darlene! I just started following.
www.stampinsentiments.blogspot.com

Susan said...

Great cards! I too wish i could have an event or attend one...none in my area I am afraid.

Susan

PS> PLEASE consider using comment moderation instead of word verification, they both keep out the spam. and the moderation is more blogger friendly.

Kathryne said...

Love the ice cream one! I am a new follower

Kathryne

Patty said...

Love the military card!

I am just getting around to commenting on the blogs I'm now following through Stampin' Connection. I invite you to follow me as well (if you are not already) at http://www.rocpaperstamps.blogspot.com
Have a fantastic day!